A Year After "The Profit"
On December 11, 2018, our "queorky" little company was featured on CNBC's "The Profit" and up until that moment we did not know what to expect as a result. It was also our first time to see how they captured several months of filming and turned it into a 45 minute reality show packed with the essentials:
- Characters - All of the team at QUEORK
- Setting - The Great City of New Orleans, LA
- Plot - How to grow our company without going bankrupt
- Conflict - Brick and mortar stores are expensive and hard to manage. We needed to put money into manufacturing so we could bring our costs down enough to open a new channel and sell our products to other retailers for resale in their stores. This would also increase the amount of potential manufacturing in New Orleans and thus, allow us to offer more opportunity to underserved youth in New Orleans looking for skilled trade training and long term employment.
- Resolution - A $120,000 investment in a new facility, new equipment, and better technology that would ultimately allow us to become efficient enough in our manufacturing to offer our products to retail partners for resale in stores across the country and beyond.
From the show we gained a ton of awareness, 2 tons of new customers, and 3 tons of humility! In the last year we have tightened our efficiency to an art form and even dabbled in strategy and planning! And now, we are so proud to announce our debut at the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market on January 14th, 2020 where we will be represented by Fieldstone Marketing and offering our products for the first time on a mass scale to retailers across the country.
Sometimes I wonder where the popularity of reality tv comes from, after all, I was a huge fan of The Profit even before the thought of being on the show was a reality and I felt a bond every time I watched an episode. But as I type this, literally 4 minutes away from the time the show aired last year, I think of what makes us different now than we were that night a year ago...
And it's this:
Now we are not alone, we have you on this journey with us. We shared our story and you became a part of it, and for that, we are forever grateful!
Happy anniversary friends, and here's to a wonderful 2020! Thank you Marcus!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in The Retail Life
From wine festivals to winery weddings, there is no shortage of wine themed parties and events throughout the year so the big question is what is the best outfit for wine tasting?